WE CARE FOR THE ENVIRONMENT
- Currently 70% of our hot water requirement is generated via solar heating. Over the next 12 months this will increase to 100%.
- Energy saving lamps are used throughout and we are currently in the process of converting all incandescent down lighters to LED.
- Eco ceiling insulation, made of 100% recycled paper, and which presents a sustainable low embedded energy content is installed throughout.
- Water saving devices have been fitted to the showers and taps while taking care not to compromise the guest experience.
- All our waste is sorted on site and sent for recycling weekly. Organic waste is used in our own vermi-composting worm farm for use in our garden. Organic waste not used for vermi-composting is used in our E-composter.
- We use fresh, seasonal produce wherever possible including free range eggs on our breakfast menu.
- We are committed to ethical business practice, fair wages and working conditions, and respect for human rights. We encourage and assist our staff to achieve their full potential.